There is so much bad going on in the world right now; wars, economic recession, blah blah blah. You all know exactly what I’m talking about. Just turn on the radio if you don’t! Today while driving home, I was thinking about all the small things in life that we should celebrate, instead of listening to all this bad news talk! No matter how small, I feel like celebrating is a whole lot more fun than dwelling on the negatives in life. So here is my list of life ‘celebrates!’ for today:
1. I received a clean bill of health from my ENT doctor today regarding my thyroid. They’ve been watching a nodule on my thyroid that was detected after Lucy was born. In 15-ish months, I’ve had 3 ultrasounds, 2 needle biopsies (NO FUN) and several visits with him. Today he told me that the nodule has not changed shape in 6 mo and does not want to see for another 8 mo to do yet another ultrasound. This means I will be avoiding surgery for now. CELEBRATE!
2. After 3 weeks of formal speech therapy, Gabriel is beginning to speak more clearly and he is even saying new words!! Yesterday alone he said ‘shoe’, ‘toe’, some other new words, and several 4-5 new words sentences that were (mostly) intelligible. These may seem like simple ideas, but he has never said them before! He sees his speech therapist every Friday, and he adoringly refers to her as ‘my Ro-win’. (Her name is Robin) CELEBRATE!
3. Lucy’s hair is now long enough for double baby buns. Less opportunities for hair in the face 😉 CELEBRATE!
4. Jeremiah’s cross country season culminates with Districts tomorrow. He’s had a great season, and regardless of the outcome tomorrow night, he’s took another season to make a difference in young men’s lives. CELEBRATE!
5. Jeremiah is at midterm of his LAST semester at St Ambrose. Yes, this is only his 2nd semester ‘back to school’ but he will start student teaching in January at North High School in Davenport. He is almost done!!! CELEBRATE!
6. Successful family pictures with a 3 year old and 1.5 year old. ‘Nuff said. (Thanks Aunt Michelle!) CELEBRATE!
7. I presented to the Durant Lioness group last night, and I was kinda nervous! The presentation went great and I had them rollin’ in their chairs. I guess talk of osteoporsis and incontinence is humorous and enjoyable after all! CELEBRATE!
8. We got new neighbors that have a 2nd grader and kindergartener. Why is this good? G loves playing with them! They can run around in the yard right outside of my kitchen window and entertain themselves for hours with our abundance of outdoor toys! I love having neighbors with nice kids! CELEBRATE!
9. Listed something for the first time on Cedar County Online Garage Sale. Sold it the next day. $40 made! How easy was that!? CELEBRATE!
10. Enjoying yet another beautiful fall in Iowa. We have visited the pumpkin patch and spent countless hours in our own yard playing, riding trikes/wagons, and ‘waking weaves’ as G says. Happy harvest! CELEBRATE!