1) We’ve approached some weird realm of infanthood titled ‘sleep regression’. Regressing in anything isn’t a good thing, but regressing in sleep SUCKS. Ruth has slept through the night since about 6 weeks and now is waking 1 or sometimes TWO times a night. I know, feel bitterly sorry for me. It’s just that I was getting quite used sleeping! You know, like actually sleeping ALL NIGHT. But would ya look at that face?! There’s a reason God makes babies so dang cute. As you can see, she continues to thoroughly enjoy any and all foods that she can get into her mouth and mash up with her 2 half-teeth poking through. There are no ‘bad days’ when you have a Ruth 🙂
2) Our Friday Lent food this year has been OFF THE CHAIN. Last week we had tuna pizza. I know, it sounds weird, but it was delicious! GF crust, some cream cheese, tuna, celery, onions, cheese, herbs and spices and it was devoured. Even J, who is a self-proclaimed non-seafood-eater, loved this. We will make this again. Tonight we had meatless southwest twice baked stuffed sweet potato. The longer the name, the better the food, right? It was SO GOOD. The kicker was the cracked egg in the middle *psych*
3) Every year, around this time, I get somewhat obsessed with the Easter Dress. The unnecessary stress of crafting a dress(es) is completely brought on by yours truly. It’s a real deal around here. For heaven’s sake, we now have THREE girls in a row, how can I give up this opportunity for MATCHING DRESSES?! (G gets a matching tie that he couldn’t care less about! HA!) I can’t count the amount of eye rolls I get from J for the amount of time I spend Pinterest-ing, browsing fabrics, and fussing over making the Easter Dress. It’s quite an ordeal. As if I need another project to occupy myself with (besides the others that are started and *cough* not finished). Last year there was no matching Easter Dress because I was tired and pregnant. But this year the Easter Dress will return. So the other day Amelia and I picked out the fabric for the Easter Dress. Surprise, surprise, it’s blue. Amelia knows no other color. Lucy obliged to blue, but wanted to pick out the pattern/style of the dress, but then was demoted when she repeatedly picked some pageant style frilly thing with 18 layers and 119 steps. Ugh, I don’t really have time to sew in the first place, yet alone sew something with 18 layers. Silly child. Stay tuned to see if I actually get the dresses done by Easter morning. If I do they sure will be cute!
4) On the book front–what is up with The Shack?! I cannot get through this book. I’ve heard all these mixed reviews, and I cannot bring myself to read past chapter 5. The whole story so far is kind of disturbing; you know the whole idea of a little girl being abducted is not quite my bag. I know how the story ends, but I’m just so unmotivated to finish it. I’ve renewed the book no less than 4 times and still haven’t gotten through it. I’m not sure I’ll ever see the movie. I’m not even sure I’ll ever get to chapter 6.
5) My bro-in-law/seminarian Cameron made a BLOG! If you’d like to follow his journey through seminary, you can find his blog here. He’s currently sitting at our dining room table talking about how the egg in his sweet potato is a ‘grace egg’. He’s deep and very thought provoking. He’s going to be an AWESOME priest!!!!!