- One neighbor’s trash is another neighbor’s treasure. Jeremiah and Gabriel went to take some junk to the city dumpster that’s here this week for city cleanup. Gabriel returns and sticks his head in the house “Mom. Dad got something. From the dump. He’s riding it home.” I look outside and see this:He’s been looking into buying a bike for his ‘commute’, if you can even call 3 blocks a commute, and this fit the bill. He’s so in love with this and has already picked out fenders, a seat and handlegrips to pimp his ride. Yup. I’m surprised he hasn’t named it.
- Jeremiah and I had a YouTube debut. We were
talked intohonored to be a part of Cameron’s vocations project for the diocese for vocations awareness this past week. 😉 You can view the video here. Yes it’s our living room that they staged. Yes it was 10pm and I was spent. Yes Jeremiah was sweating a lot. Yes Jeremiah and Cameron could be twinsies. Yes there will be more episodes of the ‘Costello Brothers’ that I won’t be on camera for. Enjoy, have a laugh. No hate, please. And does everyone hate listening to their own voice as much as I do?!
- I have been getting some reading in, so that’s a win. “Night Road” by Kristin Hannah was great. Krisitin Hannah rarely disappoints! I loved the entire book and it had a great plot. The book’s theme centered around motherhood and the twists and turns of life, and how events can shape you forever in the blink of an eye. I had a hard time putting it down. 5 stars definitely and I recommend it!!!! I blew through this Jessica Simpson memoir in a day and a half, so I’d say it was pretty good. I was a big Jessica Simpson fan back in my high school and early college years, and her show ‘Newlyweds’ was one of my favs when it was on MTV. Her memoir was very honest and open, hence the name, and spans the time from when she was a girl growing up as a pastor’s daughter until now when she is married with 3 kids! 5 stars. The third book “Most Wanted” was an ethical and moral suspense about fertility and what it means to be a father as well as how much genetics play in an unborn child’s future. I was intrigued with this story, although I didn’t agree with certain parts of the ethical issues, it was still a good read, and made me think about the issues late into the night. 4 stars.
- I must be getting into the nesting phase as I’m feeling the need to freeze lately. I’ve always found that having a freezer full of food going into a new baby’s birth helps quite a bit, especially as we have more and more people to feed! I’m trying to freeze at least 1 dinner meal a week by just doubling what we are already eating, but lately I’ve been doing some breakfast type foods as well . Nothing fancy AT ALL. Here’s some of my recents: Oatmeal chocolate chip muffins; Breakfast cookies; Peperoncini pork sandwiches; BBQ pulled pork (I cook a roast or ham steaks, shred and add BBQ sauce, freeze); Pork, bean and green chile chili.
- We have a week and a half left of distance learning ‘school’ and the kids will officially be done with 4th, 3rd, kindergarten and a very, very abbreviated 2 months of 3 year old preschool. (Ruth still has 2 years of preschool to enjoy!) I think I can, I think I can. Amelia is giving me the most pushback in finishing lessons, and I’m just trying to let her pick when and where we do schoolwork. She still whines. I think she’s just rather spend her time cooking with me or kayaking, so we do that too. I’m not sure what our days will look like after schoolwork is complete for the year, but I have hopes and dreams of playgrounds and parks reopening and us spending some time there with a picnic lunch on the regular and me lounging in the shade. We shall see. The kids rode the Muscatine bike path yesterday and I followed behind with the stroller and Kateri for several miles. It was fun but I paid for it the rest of the day as it was a bit too much for this geriatric pregnant bod. Balance, it’s all in the balance. G is convinced he could use a GoPro and make videos out of local trails now, so he’s added that to his birthday list. And, I told the kids I would plug their YouTube channels as they are both trying to increase their subscribers…..Jeremiah told them when they get so many subscribers they can make homemade tshirts for their channels…… Cubers Plus and Cooking with Lucy and More. 😉 Enjoy.